[gradsusr] extraction of data using the extraction .gs

kombo kai kaikombo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 12:28:24 EDT 2013

Hi grads users
I want to extract the dta from the .nc files using the extraction.gs srcipt.here are some of my codes
reinit'
'sdfopen c:\fortran1\evws_200-850.nc
filename='h:\data_predevws\TC4JanA1_EATO.txt'
'set gxout print'
'set prnopts %6.1f 5 2'
n=361
while (n<=770)
'set t ' n
'd aave(olr,lon=-40,lon=-30,lat=-10,lat=-4)'
res=sublin(result,2)
rc=write(filename,res)
n=n+12
endwhile
************************************
filename='h:\data_predevws\TC4JanA2_MEDS.txt'
'set gxout print'
'set prnopts %6.1f 5 2'
n=361
while (n <=770)
'set t 'n
'd aave(olr,lon=50,lon=60,lat=38,lat=42)'
res=sublin(result,2)
rc=write(filename,res)
n=n+12
endwhile
rc=write(filename,' ')
rc=close(filename)
When I run the script I get the error that no file open
metardata can not be read

Is their any one with a surgession on how to go through this extraction process?
when I use the .cdf file the scrip works efficiently so how can I chnage the .nc to .cdf
regards
kaikombo