[gradsusr] Creating a netcdf with a mercator projection, or a reflectivity grib2 file

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 27 19:26:49 EDT 2012

Aloha GrADs Users,

I am trying to create a netCDF file from my GrADS data as a Mercator
projection.  Apparently when I try to use:
'set sdfwrite reflectivity.nc'
'sdfwrite reflectivity'
where reflectivity is my variable and reflectivity.nc is my netCDF file, it
produces a netCDF file on a lat/lon projection.  So I either need to
convert the output to a Mercator projection grid or I need to somehow
create the netCDF from GrADS as a Mercator projection.

ALTERNATIVELY:
I can create a grib2 file with reflectivity as the variable.  I used
g2grb.gs to do this, but there is no standard grib name for reflectivity.
Just using a different variable name (such as HGT) is unacceptable for this
project.

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.

--
Tom Robinson
President - Graduate Student Organization