[gradsusr] Spherical Mercator Map Projection

Chris Slocum cslocum at atmos.colostate.edu
Wed Sep 26 21:48:30 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am interested in plotting data with GrADS using a Spherical Mercator map
projection (also referred to as EPSG 900913 or EPSG 3857 which are variants
of WGS 84). This is one of the main projections used by mapping APIs like
Google Maps, Bing, etc. I've tried using the geotiff and kml features in
GrADS but the results do not match my application.

Has anyone done development on a Spherical Mercator map projection for
GrADS or does anyone have suggestions on how best to modify the GrADS
source code to add an additional projection?

Thanks,
Chris