[gradsusr] STREAM FUNCTION

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan4space at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:06:01 EDT 2012

Thanks for your reply
Actually am using meridional wind component (vwind) and
so am trying to plot (find) rising motion and sinking motion
over latitude from -90S to 90N (i.e we can see three cells Hadley, Ferrel,
Polar)
at different pressure levels
for this am using
sdfopen vwnd.nc
sdfopen wwnd.nc (vertical velocity)
set lat -90 90
set lon 40 110
set lev 500
d skip(vwnd,1,1);-vvel*1.0*e3 (this command have got it from grads document
from IISc)
if you give this command its plotting the wind directions but not rising n
sinking motions
vvel is pressure velocity.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Sravan <sravan_sase at yahoo.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> Let me know the script that you are using to calculate the stream function
> and the error message.
>
> Sravan

*" No single technology will stop global warming, but there is a silver
bullet: *
*a cap on carbon that will launch all these solutions into the mainstream".*