[gradsusr] gradsscript through batch file

Marsh, Kieren k.marsh at geos-uae.com
Tue Sep 4 10:04:32 EDT 2012

Typo correction

Should be:

SET HH=%Now:~0,2%

From: gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org [mailto:gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org] On Behalf Of Marsh, Kieren
Sent: 04 September 2012 17:57
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] gradsscript through batch file

Part of the batch file you need:

******************************

for /f "tokens=1,2,3 delims=/ " %%a in ("%date%") do set day=%%a&set month=%%b&set year=%%c

SET SystemDate=%year%%month%%day%

:: Time format with leading zeroes

SET Now=%Time: =0%

SET HHH=%Now:~0,2%

:: Call GrADS script (making sure GrADS is on your PATH)

grads.exe -cpb 'my_grads_script.gs %SystemDate% %HH%'

In your GrADS script:

Subwrd(args, 1)  will pick up the date passed %SystemDate%

Subwrd(args, 2)   will pick up the time passed by %HH%