[gradsusr] Error in gagchk: axis values are not all the same

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 29 19:40:35 EDT 2012

Aloha Grads Users,

I am trying to create some difference plots for my WRF model runs.  One run
starts at 0Z and has no feedback, the other starts at 6Z and has feedback
on.  The grids have the same dimensions and the .ctl files are almost
identical other than the time differences.  If I open up my domain and use
this code to make a difference plot, it works without a problem (for my 4
outer grids):
*time=12
**for rainnc.2, add 6 to the time because it started 6 hours earlier*
'd rainnc.1(t='time')-rainnc.2(t='time+6')'*

I am interested only in a small part of this domain (over the island of
Oahu).  So I try to zoom in a bit and I get an error:
*'c'
** set the lat and lon to be zoomed in on oahu*
'set lat 21.2211 21.9438'
'set lon -158.298 -157.521'
'd rainnc.1(t='time')-rainnc.2(t='time+6')'*
Here is the error:
Error in gagchk: axis values are not all the same
Operation error:  Incompatable grids
  Error ocurred at column 30
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = rainnc.1(t=12)-rainnc.2(t=18)

On my high resolution 166m grid which has the lat and lon dimensions from
above, the difference plot code that works for my four outer grids does not
work.  It gives me the same error.  Do I need to set the lat/lon dimensions
differently for the second file?  Is there a way to fix this error?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Robinson
President - Graduate Student Organization