[gradsusr] question to Jayakrishnan.P.R on opening MODIS hdf files

Sagar Parajuli psagar at utexas.edu
Mon Oct 22 19:02:36 EDT 2012

Dear Jayakrishnan.P.R,

With reference to your email below sent few days ago, can you please share
your method to open hdf files of MODIS when the data is swath data (not
global)?

Thank you very much,

The method suggested by you to analyse HDF data is wonderful. I could do it
successfully and it is very new to me. I am using MODIS atmospheric profile
product, which is MOD_07_L2 product......I think the method suggested by you
cannot be used for those data which is swath data. It can be used to global
data only I think.....In my case it is swath data which is a pass of
satellite over particular region. So I am using another method to plot this
using grads. It follows converting the hdf files into station binary files
and plotting using stationgrads. Any way thanks for the information once
again. Cheers.......

--
Sincerely
Jayakrishnan.P.R