[gradsusr] Meaning of "FUNCTION MAIN(args)"

Guisseppe Arturo Vasq. hibiki_inuyasha at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 12 11:41:29 EDT 2012

Thank you so much, It's very useful

Guisseppe V.

________________________________
 De: Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com>
Para: Guisseppe Arturo Vasq. <hibiki_inuyasha at yahoo.es>; GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Enviado: Jueves 11 de octubre de 2012 18:32
Asunto: Re: [gradsusr] Meaning of "FUNCTION MAIN(args)"

http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/script.html is a good place to get started, namely, the section on functions.

Furthermore, if you surround your entire script code in a function (call it whatever you want, but MAIN is a common name), any args within the function call can get passed into the script code from the command line instead of having to set them in the code or ask the user to input them after invoking the script.  It makes for a nice easy way to call a grads script from some other scripting language like C-shell with the flexibility of using whatever arguments you want.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Guisseppe Arturo Vasq. <hibiki_inuyasha at yahoo.es> wrote:

Hi, all

>I'm new in grads and i was looking for some scripts to make my own scripts, but i have a problem i don't know how to interpret "FUNCTION MAIN(args)" .... what does it want to say? ..... anyone could explain me with some examples....
>

>thank so much
>

>Guisseppe Vasquez V.
>Agraria University, Lima-Peru

Jeff Duda