[gradsusr] Hello everyone - a general question

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Thu Oct 4 17:23:42 EDT 2012

Hello Avi,

The nomad1 server is accessible but it seems the GDS (DODS) component is not working. Sometimes a GDS goes down and has to be rebooted by the operators. nomad1,3,5 are not operationally supported 24x7 by NCEP staff, they are developmental servers. You should try the operational server http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org