[gradsusr] plotting in the same figure observations and WRF data

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:29:36 EST 2012

Maria,
Are you trying to verify at just one grid point or are you trying to
evaluate the accuracy on a spatial domain?  If the later, you need to
change your 'set lat' and 'set lon' commands to a range of values rather
than just one fixed value.  The way your code is arranged, Grads should
overlay the second set of data on the first set.  Is this what you want?

Jeff Duda

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Maria salles <marialesalles at yahoo.com.ar>wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to plot, the WRF wind and wind obsevational data in the same
> figure.
> I made an script, but it plot the WRF forecast model wind for one time and
> the observational data for the next time.  I set the time in every case,
> but it not function.
> 'open c:/..../u.ctl'     ! U component for WRF wind
> 'open c:/.../v.ctl'      ! V component for WRF wind
> 'open c:/.../utn.ctl'   ! U wind component inTN station
> 'open c:/.../vtn.ctl'   ! V wind component in TN station
> 'open c:/   /uts.ctl'   ! U wind component in TS station
> 'open c:/   /vts.ctl'   ! V wind component in TS station
> 'set lat xx xx'
> 'set lon yy yy'
>  'set t 1'
> 'd u.1;v.2'