[gradsusr] plotting long variable names

Maue, Ryan rnm02c at my.fsu.edu
Sat Nov 10 11:29:20 EST 2012

Don,

I used the previous version of g2ctl (0.0.8.7) + opengrads 2.0.1 to create the control and idx.

mxuphl5000_2000  0  0,7,199,2  ** 5000-2000 m above ground Hourly Maximum of Updraft Helicity over layer 2km to 5 km AGL [m2/s2]

The variable plotted fine for t > 1, as the variable isn't defined at the analysis time.

The control file also includes the "m" at the end of the variable but when the file is opened, it is truncated.

RYAN