[gradsusr] extract values from function

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:29:22 EST 2012

When you say "trend", do you mean time derivative?  Over what domain do you
want to find the max and min?  If it's a spatial domain, there is a well
known set of script command lines that can find an areal max for you.  It's
not one of the built-in functions of Grads, though.

Jeff

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Tobias Lundberg <
tobias.liljalundberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a function describing the trend of the 2-m temperature. If I use
> the gxout stat, I can get the max and min values. But is it possible to do
> this automatically in any way.
>
> Like,
> define function_max=Max
> define function_min=Min
>
> Does anyone know? Or even better would be if there is a way to calculate
> the derivative of the trend line which is plotted?!
>

> best regards,
>
> Tobias Lundberg
>
> tobias.liljalundberg at gmail.com
> +46 733 80 27 87