[gradsusr] vint function

RafaelCB rafael.ciram at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:36:23 EDT 2012

Hi,
You can use the command "define" for create variable.
Exemplo: 'define v=vwnd.1'
               'define s=slp.2'
               'define aaf=vint(s,v,200)'

or 'define aaf=vint( slp.2,vwnd.1,200)'

but I'm not sure you can use the variable wind, because the documention
says  GrADS "the expression integrated is specific humidity (q) in units of
g/g, the result is kg of water per square meter, or precipitable water in
mm. "

Att.
Rafael

2012/5/28 resmi ea <reshmiea at gmail.com>

> Dear users
>
> i am finding difficulty in using vint function in grads.
> Please anyone point out the error in the gs scripts
> while running it shows Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>  'reinit'
> 'sdfopen /media/resmi-1/windows/ncep/uwnd/vwnd.2009.nc'
> 'sdfopen /media/resmi-1/windows/ncep/uwnd/slp.2009.nc'
> 'set lat 0 90'
> 'set lon 0 180'
> 'define aaf=vint(slp.2,vwnd,200)'
> 'd aaf'
>

> --
> Resmi E A
> Research Scholar
> Cochin university of science and technology
> Cochin-16

Rafael Censi Borges
Téc.Meteorologia - Epagri/Ciram
+55 (48)3239-8064/8066