[gradsusr] fwrite gridding issue

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Thu May 10 14:03:09 EDT 2012

The file is the correct size.  144*73*48212*4=2027218176

-rw-r--r-- 1 ter businger 2027218176 May  9 15:57 chi_33yr.dat

My computer crashes if I try to do all 48212, so I had to break it up in 68
separate files each with 709 time steps.  So:
      PARAMETER (nt=709) !Number of time steps in each file
      PARAMETER (nrec=709) !Number of records in each file
      PARAMETER (files=68) !Number of input files
The FORTRAN program reads in all of the files and stores the data in one
variable chi, then it goes written out to the file chi_33yr.dat.

My FORTRAN program also calculates a 33 year 6-hourly mean, but the
variable chi isn't affected by that and that is written to a separate file
which is also having the same problem.

-Tom