[gradsusr] fwrite gridding issue

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Thu May 10 13:44:12 EDT 2012

Here is my code that opens and writes out the data:

      open (unit=291,file="chi_33yr.dat", access="direct",
     &      status="unknown",recl=4*nx*ny*nt*files)
          write (291, rec=1) chi

The variable chi has dimensions nx,ny,nt*files .

I added options sequential to the descriptor file and the same thing is
happening.  Here is my descriptor file:

dset ^chi_33yr.dat
title Velocity Potential
options sequential
undef 9.999e+20
xdef 144 linear 0 2.5
ydef 73 linear -90 2.5
zdef 1 levels 200
tdef 48212 linear 00Z01JAN1979 360mn
vars 1
chi 0 x,y,t 1 ** velocity potential
endvars

All of your input is very much appreciated.

-Tom