[gradsusr] GFS Precipitation

Adrian Scherzinger adrian.scherzinger at meteotest.ch
Mon May 7 07:19:57 EDT 2012

Hi

I have a question about total precipitation in GFS. I got cunfused when
I was looking at precipitation forecast in high altitudes (Himalaya):

Does the accumulated precipitation at surface (apcpsfc) include solid
precipitation (e.g snow, graupel)? Or do I have to include other
parameters like Accumulated Snow to get the real total precipitation?

Any help is appreciated!

Adrian

--
Adrian Scherzinger