[gradsusr] Enabling features listed from 'q config'

Sam Wilson sam at surfline.com
Mon May 7 19:31:09 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am looking to enable several features (shapefiles, netcdf, hdf) that are currently disabled in GrADS on the machine I'm working on.  I've seen previous posts in the archives in regards to enabling the printim command.  John Huddleston replied and mentioned a document BuildingGrADS.pdf.  Would someone mind sending me this document, or any other assistance in this matter?  I'm not sure if I need to do a full re-install, or if there are shortcuts to enable these features.  Here is the output of 'q config':

ga-> q config
Config: v2.0.a8 little-endian readline printim
Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.a8
Copyright (c) 1988-2010 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
This program is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information.

Built Wed Jul 13 12:58:11 PDT 2011 for i686-pc-linux-gnu

This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:
  o Built on a LITTLE ENDIAN machine
  o Athena Widget GUI DISABLED
  o Command line editing ENABLED
      http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html
  o printim command for image output ENABLED
      http://www.zlib.net<http://www.zlib.net/>
      http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html
      http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page
  o GRIB2 interface DISABLED
  o NetCDF interface DISABLED
  o OPeNDAP gridded data interface DISABLED
  o OPeNDAP station data interface DISABLED
  o HDF interface DISABLED
  o GeoTIFF and KML output DISABLED
  o Shapefile interface DISABLED

For additional information please consult http://iges.org/grads

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide.

Best Regards,
Sam