[gradsusr] how to open he5 data in grads

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 12 21:09:19 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM, James E. Johnson <James.Johnson at nasa.gov>wrote:

> Must be opengrads, I use the regular Grads v2.0.a7.1 at it works. Direct
> your
> problem to opengrads developers.

As the user said, he tried it on both 2.0.1 (from COLA) and 2.0.1.oga.1
(from opengrads), with same results. Opengrads uses absolutely the same
code as COLA to read HDF-5 files, so I'd be surprised if it would work in
one but not in the other.  The main difference between you and him is the
grads version: 2.0.a1 versus the older 2.0.a7.1. Between these versions not
only the grads code base changed but also the version of the HDF-5 library
used to link the binaries.

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva