[gradsusr] is there a way to do regrid in grads 2.0.1?

Andre Pattantyus apattantyus2008 at my.fit.edu
Wed Jun 27 14:28:19 EDT 2012

If you are regridding between .ctl files I would recommend lterp() which is
a linear interpolation function in grads. There is a
forum<http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2012-January/015089.html>posting
that lists the situations where it is probably not a good idea to
use, you might want to take a look at it.

-Andre

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Muthuvel Chelliah <
muthuvel.chelliah at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Since regrid or regrid 2 does not work anymore in the
> Grads Linux version 2.0.1, is there any way to do this
> fo non-grib, such as for ieee, fields. (I know we can do
> this for grib fields using Wesley's wgrib2 utilities without
> even getting into grads. Also I think "re" function to regrid
> is only for the open version of grads not for linux version,
> since I tried "re" and it is not understood in my linux
> version of grads. I hope I haven't confused anyone :-)
>
> Thanks
> Muthu

> Dr. Muthuvel Chelliah, eMail:Muthuvel.Chelliah at noaa.gov
>
> Rm.605A, Climate Prediction Center, Ph:(301)763 8000x7546
> NCEP/NWS/NOAA/U.S.Dept.of Commerce, FAX:(301)763-8395
> 5200 Auth Road, NOAA Science Center
> Camp Springs, MD 20746-4304

Andre Pattantyus, Graduate Student Research Assistant
Marine and Environmental Systems, Florida Institute of Technology
150 W. University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901

Phone: (321) 674-8330 | Fax: (321) 674-7212 | Email: apattantyus2008 at fit.edu