[gradsusr] About windows7 and grads2.01.oga1.win32superpack

hersala hersala at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 09:24:43 EDT 2012

Hola Marcela
Hace un tiempo atrás tuve un problema similar y un amigo de Exactas,
bastante hábil en informática, lo resolvió como se explica en el correo de
abajo.
Saludos cordiales.
Hernán

*To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] Opengrads in Windows 7*

* *
*I just got the problem solved. Asking a friend of mine, it turns out I
didn't have a loopback adapter installed, so whenever I wasn't on a
network, GrADS wouldn't work (no local IP address available, and thus no
possibility to communicate with the X server). Installing a loopback
adapter solved the problem. That can be done from the Device Manager in the
Control Panel. Just choose "Add legacy hardware" from the "Action" menu
there, click on Next, then choose "Install the hardware that I manually
select from the list (Advanced)" and click Next, choose "Network adapters",
then proceed to the next step and wait for the lists to be populated.
Choose "Microsoft" as the manufacturer, and finally "Microsoft Loopback
Adapter". Let the newly created adapter initialize and that should do the
trick.

Best regards,* *
Hernán
*