[gradsusr] get a syntax error using query w2xy

Kyle Anderson kanderson2572 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:28:35 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am just trying to have a map that shows daily precipitation over
Argentina and also have some red circles to indicate a few station
locations.  Below I have the script I have been using with only one station
for the draw mark command but I will be doing this for multiple stations.
 I did this for a map over North America and everything worked fine.  Now
trying for argentina I keep getting a syntax error for the line: 'q w2xy
'lon1' 'lat1 . As I said this worked fine for North America when I tried so
not sure if this is something to do with the negative latitude now.

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Kyle

'open ArgentinaPrecip.ctl'
*
'set display color white'
'c'
*
'set grads off'
'set gxout shaded'
'set csmooth on'
'set mpdset hires'
*
'set cmin 0.01'
'd apcpsfc'
*
'draw title Daily Accumulated Precipitation (mm)'
*
'set line 2'
*
style=3
size=0.03
*
*Introduces world Coordinates
lon1 =292
lat1 =-35
*Converts world coords to XY coords it will be recalculated each time the
map changes
'q w2xy 'lon1' 'lat1
say result
*Loads the XY coords in x1 and y1
x1 = subwrd(result,3)
y1 = subwrd(result,6)
*Draws a marker at x1 y1 position with selected size
'draw mark 'style' 'x1' 'y1' 'size
*