[gradsusr] Problem posting nps grib2 data in grads

Wesley Ebisuzaki wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 11 11:26:48 EDT 2012

Ron,

g2ctl can only handle grib files with one grid.  So you will have to
separate the grids into their own files.

 wgrib2  reg_00_024.grib2 -grid -one_line | grep  "493 x 399" | wgrib2 -i
reg_00_024.grib2 -grib grid1
 wgrib2  reg_00_024.grib2 -grid -one_line | grep  -v "493 x 399" | wgrib2
-i reg_00_024.grib2 -grib grid2

However, once you made your ctl files, you can modify the "dset" to point
to the original file.
gribmap is smart enough to handle grib files with different grids.

           Wesley