[gradsusr] Problem posting nps grib2 data in grads

Poulin,Lewis [CMC] Lewis.Poulin at ec.gc.ca
Fri Jun 8 11:39:40 EDT 2012

Hello

I am having difficulty in posting in GrADS my grib2 data on a north
polar stereographic grid

I placed all relevent files and information in the directory at:
http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/CMOI/grads/regional/

>From this site you can see my grib2 file: called reg_00_024.grib2

I am using grads-2.0.a5

I made the following ctl and idx files (available that above site)
  reg_00_024.grib2.ctl
  reg_00_024.grib2.idx

When I run the following simple script:

*start sample script

'open reg_00_024.grib2.ctl'

'clear'
'set lon 230 310'
'set lat 30 70'
'set mpvals 235 305 35 65'
'set mproj nps'

'set lev 850'
'd HGTprs'

'set lev 500'
'd TMPprs'

*end sample script

I get the following messages:

Notice: Implied interpolation for file reg_00_024.grib2.ctl
 Interpolation will be performed on any data displayed from this file
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values

I cannot get my data to display.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and assistance.

Lewis