[gradsusr] Generating image overlay for Open Street Map / Mercator Projection

Jonas Kaufmann me at j0nes.de
Fri Jun 1 04:55:08 EDT 2012

Hello,

thank you for your answer! Too bad there is no support for Mercator
projection available (yet).

I just had a look at the GeoTIFF output, but I did not succeed in
creating a PNG (or whatever) file that I could overlay on OSM or
Google Maps. The tif file gets created, but it is looking almost
completely black when viewing with an image viewer (but I think this
is expected behaviour?). I have tried to convert it to PNG using the
GDAL tools with gdal_translate, but I only get grayscale noise images.

Can someone explain the correct workflow to go from 'set gxout
geotiff' to a displayable PNG image?

Thank you for your help!

Jonas