[gradsusr] calculating vertically integrated moisture convergence

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:59:44 EDT 2012

What units are your u and v in?  If they're not in not m/s, that may be the
cause.  Also, it looks more like you are attempting to compute precipitable
water.  If so, I think you are missing the density of liquid water and the
gravitational constant term.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Chuan-Chi Tu <beth0509 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone help on calculating vertically integrated moisture convergence?
>
> I use following script but the value looks too high
>
> q: specific humidity kg/kg
> PSFC:hPa
>
> set lev 1000 300
> define qu=q*u
> define qv=q*v
> define conv=-hdivg(qu,qv)
>
> set lev 1000
> d vint(PSFC,conv,300)*60*60
> *(mm/hr)
>
> Can anyone help on correcting it? Thank you for your help.

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant