[gradsusr] grads error while using arwpost .ctl files

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:54:25 EDT 2012

Jonathan,
I don't see a PDEF line in either control file, but since co plots in
ctl_plevs.ctl as you said, then I don't see anything immediately wrong with
either control file or the script, but I do see the differences between
them.  Perhaps the fact that you are using some positive and some negative
longitudes in one control file and all positive longitudes in the other is
making a difference, although I see you have set lon to be consistent with
the control file you are using.  Is there any error message that
accompanies the display?  Does co display if you just open the bb_plevs.ctl
file and immediately enter 'd co'?  If there is no error message I would
tend to think there was a mis-specification of your lat/lon values either
in the control file or in your script.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM, SMITH, JONATHAN WYNN. (GSFC-6140)[Science
Collaborator] <jonathan.smith at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hello:****
>
> ** **
>
> I have attached a grads script that plots WRF-Chem output of carbon
> monoxide (co) on the 850 hPa level co_850hPa_sequence.gs for a sequence of
> times.  When the ctl_plevs.ctl (attached) is open, the grads plots the data
> correctly.  However, when bb_plevs.ctl (attached) is open, the script does
> not plot the data.  I do not think the actual WRF-Chem netcdf output is
> corrupt because I am able to look at it with ncview.  This output appears
> to be fine.  The problem I have described above happens with grads 2.0.a8
> and 2.0.1. Moreover, this error happens with bb_plevs.ctl created by
> ARWpost v2.2 and v3, even after recompiling them a couple of times.****
>
> ** **
>
> What could be happening? How can I resolve it?  ****
>
> ** **