[gradsusr] Curious why UGRDprs does not display properly inGrADS -data from new MSC CMC regional model

Wesley Ebisuzaki wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 19 10:43:33 EDT 2012

Greg,

|   The way I'm doing this with wgrib2 takes ~15min for the hired GDPS
lat-lon grid, which is not ideal for producing forecast graphics for
operational use.

You need to run wgrib2 on multiple cores.  The fastest way is to use
-ijsmall_grib and and follow the examples in

     http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/wgrib2/for_n.html

BTW gmerge is now included with the wgrib2 source code.

        Wesley