[gradsusr] Moving to grib data?

Becker, Bernd bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk
Mon Jul 16 05:09:55 EDT 2012

Olli,

no need to down load anything.

open grads

sdfopen
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/gfs_hd20120710/gfs_hd_00z
Scanning self-describing file:
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/gfs_hd20120710/gfs_hd_00z
SDF file
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/gfs_hd20120710/gfs_hd_00z
is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -90 90
LEV set to 1000 1000
Time values set: 2012:7:10:0 2012:7:10:0
E set to 1 1
ga-> set lat 40 65
LAT set to 40 65
ga-> set lon -20 40
LON set to -20 40

d hgtsfc

q file to see other variables
and go from there.

Cheers,

--
Bernd Becker   Climate Impacts Product Development
Met Office Hadley Centre    FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United