[gradsusr] using merra temperatures

Mike Bosilovich mike.bosilovich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:27:49 EDT 2012

Hi Antoine,

The GES DISC serves a constants data file for MERRA that includes the
surface geopotential, which your can get surface altitude.  The data
file is tagged const_2d_asm_Nx.

For future reference, the question on the existence of this data is
more for the MERRA questions help line (or documentation)  :
merra-questions at lists.nasa.gov

The question about altitude corrections fro air temperature
comparisons should be researched through textbooks or journals.
Though, the MERRA air temperature will have biases, as it is derived
from the model forecast, so there is more than correcting the
altitude.

Mike