[gradsusr] Problem to open the GRADs screen on OS X

Luis David Aimola luisaimola at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:53:50 EDT 2012

Dears GRADS colleagues:

I have worked with GRADS in a MacBook Pro with OSX Lion 10.7 without
problems for several weeks.
Two days ago, abruptly, I couldn't open the GRADs screen to display the
data.
After go to GRADs trough a alias path (gradsx) in the terminal and chose
for landscape display mode, usually take some seconds to open the screen,
but now nothing happens. I wait already for hours!

I can go until the following:

Last login: Mon Jul  9 08:19:26 on ttys000
LuisAimola:~ aimola$ gradsx
LuisAimola:bin aimola$ ./grads

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.1
Copyright (c) 1988-2011 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.0.1 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
opendap-grids,stn geotiff shapefile
Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5

Usually from this point the screen should open, but now nothing happens.

I installed again GRADs to see if maybe some code did broke, but I got the
same result: the screen doesn't open.

Someone maybe could help me?

Thank you very much.

Luis
PS: everything is working well in my Mac.