[gradsusr] Grads cannot open MERRA HDF file

Mike Bosilovich mike.bosilovich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:57:07 EDT 2012

Same. I can save the file from the link and sdfopen, no problem.

Just a point, regarding how the subset works. Submitting the subset
form executes a lats4d call with the source MERRA data files as input,
and it streams the subset data to the user. So, the new data files are
unique to each user, but much of the MERRA source file header is not
perpetuated to the new data.  Since this is using lats4d to extract
data, we expect the HDF it returns should be compatible with grads.

Mike