[gradsusr] creating ctl files again

Wesley Ebisuzaki wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 5 09:58:17 EDT 2012

Antoine,

I tried your grb2 file and I didn't have any problems on my linux box.

       g2ctl wnd10mx0.5.cdas1.201104.grb2  >junk.ctl
       gribmap -i junk.ctl               (gribmap version 2)

I noticed that your ctl file doesn't have the line:  "* produced by g2ctl
vXXXX.XXXX"
This suggests that you are using a very old g2ctl (within 4 months of the
initial release
back in 2008).  You should upgrade to a more recent g2ctl and wgrib2.
There have
been 17 releases of g2ctl since then.

       Wesley Ebisuzaki