[gradsusr] convert grib to txt file

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:45:54 EST 2012

You'll need wgrib.  I would check the help section of wgrib (probably
accessed by "wgrib --help" or just "wgrib" without any arguments), but I
think the syntax to get text output for a specific variable within the GRIB
file is
wgrib -s (gribfile) | grep "(variable name)" | wgrib -i -text (gribfile) -o
(output file name)

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM, chinh ta huu <chinhth2010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all users
>    I have one grib file as: *anl_p.198201.gr*
>    Does anyone let me know about the way to convert to txt file
> Thank you
>
> --
> (Mr.) Ta Huu Chinh
> National, Weather Forecasting Center, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
> No: 4th, Dang Thai Than, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi
> Tel: 84-903-402-181
> Office: 84-43-824-4917
> Email: chinhth2010 at gmail.com
> Website: http://vn.myblog.yahoo.com/chinhth2005/