[gradsusr] cdiff with z dim

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:06:22 EST 2012

In my experience with this, you simply cannot define a field using cdiff in
the vertical.  You can display something, just not define it.  What I mean
is you will get an issue if you run these commands:
'define dtheta = cdiff(theta,z)'
'd dtheta'
but Grads won't have a problem with the following:
'd cdiff(theta,z)'

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Mireieta <mireieta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to use cdiff with z dim:
>
> 'set z 1 45'
> 'dtheta=cdiff(theta,z)'
>
> and got the next error:
>
> "Error from CDIFF:  Specified dimension non varying
> Operation Error:  Error from cdiff function
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DEFINE error:  Invalid expression."
>
> I don't undertand, z dim is varying...
>
> Thanks!