[gradsusr] Regrid Data with GRADS

Jose Augusto Paixão Veiga veiga.uea at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:43:59 EST 2012

Hi Paula,

You can play with this piece of GS program that I successfully use without problems.

 'reinit'
* Data to be regrided into the defalt data (corse resolution)
'open uvtwg_ncep.ctl'
* Default data (high resolution)
'open uvtwg_ecmwf.ctl'

'set dfile 2'
'set x 1 240'
'set y 1 121'

'variavel=lterp(u.1,u.2)'
'set gxout fwrite'
'set fwrite uvtwg_new.bin'

'd variavel'

'disable fwrite'

Shortly, the program reads two CTL files with different resolution data and write one binary file in the same space-grid lat-lon from the default data, in this case ECMWF. I've never tried to regrid data from non-regular space grid on y direction (as in the case of a T126), but may be it works with this program.

Cheers!

José Augusto P. Veiga,

Universidade do Estado do Amazonas
Departamento de Meteorologia
Escola Superior de Tecnologia (EST)
Av. Darcy Vargas, 1200, Manaus-AM Brasil
Work phone:    (92) 3878 4333
Skype: veiga_j.a.p.
CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4027612512091565
URL:http://scientificmet.wordpress.com/