[gradsusr] Wgrib2 / g2ctl / gribmap

Wesley Ebisuzaki wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 20 09:58:17 EST 2012

Andy,

  I am unable to duplicate your problem.

  I've tried all combinations of

     g2ctl 0.0.8.4 andf 0.0.8.5
     wgrib2 1.9.1 and 1.9.5.1

My guess is that your g2ctl is not calling wgrib2 v1.9.1 but an older
version.
Perhaps  v 1.8.5 which was incompatible with g2ctl.

It is easy to be confused about the version.  People often alias wgrib2 to
a new executable,
so the shell uses a newer version.  However, g2ctl is a perl script which
uses the wgrib2
on the path.   Try editing g2ctl

   $wgrib2='wgrib2';
   $wgrib2='/enter_full_path_here/wgrib2';