[gradsusr] grads and UTM

jc jciolek at alphatrac.com
Wed Jan 18 12:07:11 EST 2012

Hi Davide,

I use UTM coordinates with GrADS all the time, so it will work.  However, in most cases you need to modify your coordinates.  I multiply each coordinate by 10E-5 or 10E-6 since GrADS wants Lat/Lon coordinates.  That makes pseudo Lat/Lon coordinates that will plot just fine.

Do not use the default GrADS base maps with your plots.  I was plotting velocity vectors in New Mexico, USA and kept getting a strange shape in my plots.  That turned out to be Sicily.

John Ciolek
AlphaTRAC, Inc.
10385 Westmoor Dr., Suite 310
Westminster, CO 80021