[gradsusr] Differencing data with different grid spacing between 2 files

Sam Wilson sam at surfline.com
Thu Jan 5 23:54:59 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to difference two data files, each with it's own control file, with different grid resolution.  One is on a 1 X 1 degree grid and the other is 0.25 X 0.25 degrees.  I understand that there is a regrid function built into grads which will map the data from one grid to the other, however I haven't had any luck getting that function to work.

The version of grads I'm working on is Version 2.0.a1.  Is the regrid function only available on later versions?

Also, does the grid resolution have to be the same in order to difference the data between the two files?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sam