[gradsusr] Error when using VINT function (Jeff Duda)

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Feb 28 14:35:36 EST 2012

Mike,
You need to provide more information. When reporting bugs or problems, please include the following information in your post:
The version of GrADS you are running (it is a good idea to include all the output from 'q config')
Any specifics about the platform you are running GrADS on (e.g. Linux, Mac OSX, Windows, etc.)
A brief description of the problem
The simplest possible set of commands or script that illustrates the problem
The error messages from GrADS
In order to reproduce your seg fault, it will likely be necessary for you to also provide information about the data you are using, including a data descriptor file and a source for the data files.
--Jennifer

On Feb 27, 2012, at 2:49 AM, Michael Bala wrote:

> Thanks for the response Jeff!
>
> Just changed psfc to hPa/mb (since upper bound was in hPa). But now I get a segmentation fault.
>
> I set time to some random hour (set t 6) and the upper bound value to 500. I also did "ulimit -s unlimited" before running GrADS.
>
> Again, thanks for the help.
>

> Mike
>
> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:23:19 -0600
> From: Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [gradsusr] Error when using VINT function
> To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
>
> It's either a memory error (try narrowing your time/spatial dimension
> environment), or one of your variables was typed in wrong.  Also, make sure
> psfc is in the same units as your upper pressure bound (mb).
>
> Jeff Duda
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Michael Bala <ekimalab at gmail.com> wrote:

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA