[gradsusr] flx files

Alireza Azargoun alireza.azargoun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:08:02 EST 2012

Dear all
Hi

I'm trying to find a good database to find wind magnitude and
direction in 10 m above ground. I have found the following files in
NOMADS directory. which for 1st day of 2008 the files are in the
following directory:
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/modeldata/cmd_flxf/2008/200801/20080101/
but unfortunately there 11 different files in for each data. there
flx01,flx02,flx03, ... . and there are also splf files which contain
only surface data which contain the 10m above ground wind. can any one
tell me which one is the best choice !? which one is more accurate!? I
couldn't find any data description to find out about their difference.

Thanks in advance
Alireza Azargoun