[gradsusr] opengrads and pygrads on same pc?

Galebonwe Ramaphane GRamaphane at gov.bw
Thu Feb 16 01:26:19 EST 2012

Robert,

This may be a local loopback problem. Someone, in fact it was Hernan, posted a solution (see below) about a month ago. Hope this helps.

I just got the problem solved. Asking a friend of mine, it turns out I didn't have a loopback adapter installed, so whenever I wasn't on a network, GrADS wouldn't work (no local IP address available, and thus no possibility to communicate with the X server). Installing a loopback adapter solved the problem. That can be done from the Device Manager in the Control Panel. Just choose "Add legacy hardware" from the "Action" menu there, click on Next, then choose "Install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced)" and click Next, choose "Network adapters", then proceed to the next step and wait for the lists to be populated. Choose "Microsoft" as the manufacturer, and finally "Microsoft Loopback Adapter". Let the newly created adapter initialize and that should do the trick.

Best regards,
Hernán

Galebonwe Ramaphane
Department of Meteorological Services