[gradsusr] GFS data

Javier Peña javier.p at ereda.com
Thu Feb 9 07:20:36 EST 2012

Dear Users:

I need to use the GFS data files to run WRF and I have found several files
but I don´t now what kind of data each file contains.

Exactly, I would like to know what are the different between these files:
gfs.t06z.pgrb*2b*f12 and gfs.t06.pgb*2*f12. I suppose both files contains
the 12 hour forecast since the analysis at 06 UTM.
I have created a descriptor file with g2ctl.pl and, apparently the
contained of both files is the same.
Could someone kindly say to me what are the different between the two files?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Sincerely,
Javier Peña

--