[gradsusr] GFS data

Wesley Ebisuzaki wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 8 14:16:10 EST 2012

Hi,

   gfs.t12z.prgb2f12 is the 12 hour forecast started from 12Z.   Clue is
the f(forecast hour)

   gfs.t12z.prgb2f00 is the 3 minute or so forecast started from 12Z.
Unfortunately the
       metadata doesn't mention it is a N minute forecast.

   gfs.t12z.pgrb2anl is the analysis.

   The f00 is the model state after a few time steps of the model
integration.  You
may see some transients as the model adjusts from the analysis state to
something
on the "slow manifold".

        Wesley