[gradsusr] GFS data

Gisele dos Santos Zepka giselezepka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:38:21 EST 2012

Hello users,

I need to run WRF for 24 hours using 0.5 deg GFS data (analysis from 12
UT + 24 forecasts). So, my first GFS file is gfs.t12z.pgrb2f00 (that I
believe to be the analysis), and every 3 hours I have the GFS forecasts
being the last file gfs.t12z.pgrb2f24. I don't know if they are the
right files to use. I am also confused between two archives
gfs.t12z.pgrb2f00 and gfs.12z.pgrb2f12, which of them is the analysis?

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

Dra. Gisele dos Santos Zepka Saraiva
Meteorologist - Atmopheric Electricity
National Institute for Space Research - INPE
Av. dos Astronautas, 1758
São José dos Campos, SP
Brazil, 12227-010

Phone:++55(12) 3208-6841