[gradsusr] Error in using skew.gs

Amulya Chevuturi amulya.chevuturi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 01:13:39 EST 2012

Hello Jeff,

Thank you so much for the help.

I added your suggestions to skew.gs. The SfcPlev is showing 1000, which I
dont think is wrong. But the result of Sfcdewp is something I am not
understanding. This is the following result I am getting on running
skew.gsafter additions made of "say result" and "say SfcPlev".

ga-> skew.gs
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released;
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
Initial Time is 00Z08JAN2007
Create gif images as well (1=yes ; 0=no)
0
Please enter coordinated for sounding

Latitude values between: 4.96654 and 50.0419
Enter Latitude
33

Longitude values between: 48.3967 and 105.603
Enter Longitude
78

Overlay two time periods 1=yes ; 0=no
0

Please enter time to plot
Available times: 1 to 17
5
Drawing temperature sounding.
Drawing dewpoint sounding.
Data Type = grid
Dimensions = -1 -1
I Dimension = -999 to -999
J Dimension = -999 to -999
Sizes = 1 1 1
Undef value = -9.99e+08
Undef count = 1  Valid count = 0
Min, Max = 1e+30 1e+30

1000
getrh
13.743
1e+30
1000
0.00992721580569856
286.893
43.385364499893
1573660000
Non-numeric args to numeric operation
  Error occurred on line 2437
  In file skew.gs
  Error occurred on line 1108
  In file skew.gs
  Error occurred on line 69
  In file skew.gs

I have also attached the new skew.gs file along with my ctl file. I
rechecked my ctl file, the file does have variable td. How am I to proceed
further.

Thank you so much for taking the time to helping me out.

With regards,
Amulya Chevuturi