[gradsusr] plotting the temperature value at all grid points

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:52:28 EST 2012

set gxout grid will enable you to print grid point values on a map as shown
above.  There are other options to control the size and format of the
digits, as well as the gridding itself.  Check the documentation (
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html) for dignum, digsize, and
gridln for controlling the appearance of the gridded values.  To overlay,
it should be as simple as displaying the wind barbs after having displayed
the grid values.  That's just
set gxout barb
d skip(u,NNN);v
where NNN is the number of grid points you want to skip.  If your data are
low-resolution, you may not need to include the skip command.  Just 'd u;v'
would suffice then.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Fernando Montana <lfmontanar at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I want to plot the values of the temperature and wind barbs at each
> grid point, as shown in the attached image. Is there any command or
> function that allows me to do this?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> *Fernando*

Jeff Duda