[gradsusr] How to open a .ctl file in a different path

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:09:27 EST 2012

The full path name of your file can be expressed as

<Drive name>:\<directories containing file>/<file name>

So in your case, you'd want to reference the control file as
E:\whatever\whatever\whatever\control_file.ctl.

Make sure the dset entry in your control file is also changed accordingly.
If the incorrect pathname is specified there, you won't be able to open the
data.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 6:30 AM, T. haghroosta <haghroosta at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
> I have a .ctl file on my drive E and my grads software is installed on my
> drive c (windows 7). Unfortunately I don't know how can I write "open"
> command to address that file in drive E to open it! Could you please learn
> me?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tahereh

Jeff Duda