[gradsusr] draw shaded color in whole area from station data

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Wed Dec 12 04:03:40 EST 2012

It is not an easy task
any approach you use you make errors because you have to predict
information you actually have only on stations. Then the approach you
may use is not unique. I haven't the truth ... When gridding
precipitation data on regional scale I do like this:
      * regrid precipitation data on a thin grid using oabin function
      * propagate precipitation in a uniform way inside a circle with a
        radius depending on accumulation time
      * where circle are overlapping perform a weighted mean, based on
        1/distance^2 from stations (I wrote a grads extension for this
        purpose, I can send it if you are interested)

changing type of data or scale may lead to substantial change in the
method ...

I dont' know if this may help or not ...
bye bye
Davide