[gradsusr] Not able to open CMIP5 NC data

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Dec 10 12:44:48 EST 2012

Some CMIP5 data can be opened with sdfopen, unless it is not on a rectilinear grid or has a 365_day calendar. Please consult http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html. If you are still having trouble, please send the complete text of your GrADS session, the contents of your descriptor file, as well as the output from ncdump -c on your nc file.
--Jennifer

On Dec 6, 2012, at 2:00 AM, Zaheer Babar wrote:

> Dear Users I have downloaded CMIP5 data which is in the nc format. I am trying to open it in grads 2.0.2 but am not able to do so.
> However I am able to open other http: ............. data sets by using sdfopen.
> Any one who can help me
> Regards

Jennifer M. Adams