[gradsusr] accents

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Dec 10 12:41:16 EST 2012

To clarify, fonts in GrADS are hershey fonts. Each letter is represented by a collection of small line segments that can be scaled and rotated. Some symbols can be drawn with font 3, please get ftp://cola.gmu.edu/grads/scripts/font.gs and try running it like this:
   ga-> font 3
…and you'll see all the symbols. A page in the documentation that describes how to specify different fonts is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/fontcontrol.html.
I don't believe that you can draw a letter with an accent symbol above it unless you draw the two symbols separately.
--Jennifer

On Dec 7, 2012, at 7:31 AM, Jeff Lake wrote:

> I am almost 100% sure, but the accents are not possible in GrADS.
> Its limitations of the GD Text Library, not GrADS
> -Jeff Lake
> MichiganWxSystem.com
> AllisonHouse.com
> TheWeatherCenter.net
> GRLevelXStuff.com
> On 12/7/2012 4:54, Agud Pique, Enric wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a grads user. I have a question. I plot maps and I use cathalan or spanish in the titles of the maps. In my language we have accents, like à, é,....How can I show them, is it possible? in html, php, you can select your language...
>>
>> Hope somebody can help me,
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Regards

Jennifer M. Adams